Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oh...My...Goodness

Happy Wednesday!

Sorry for the delay. Now starts the countdown for midterms and I only have till next Friday to finish everything...sothis will be a short blog.

Since my last post, I have received my advisor, FINALLY organized my thesis to the point where my analysis and investigation makes sense, and finished redoing my portfolio. Here are the images from my classes (these are just what I presented last week and are not updated and is not ALL of my work). I present my thesis on Feb. 18th, so pray for me and I will post more after crunch time! Enjoy:

Thesis Studio:
I organized my thesis to answer questions and to complete a timeline from 1947 (when Newport News was vibrant), 1970 (when it started to tear down) to 2008 (currently) I am trying to come up with a narrative to complete the timeline for the future revitalization.

1. What was communal life for downtown Newport News?

2. How was heritage lost?






3. How does urban space affect the cultural patterns given by Newport News and the Hampton Roads Area?














4. How to revitalize West Ave.? (I will start this investigation after Midterms)

Theory III
Do a portrait of myself and my Thesis











Virginia Prize

I sucked this year compared to my design last year that made it to finals:










94 more days till May 11th, 2008!

No comments: