Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thessssisss

Hi everyone,

I'm Chela and I'm one of Mark's representatives for his Bemis blogs. So I guess you will get to view fifth year through my eyes :-P. I will try to post when I can, but I can't promise you anything because of my busy schedule about to come.

For the MArch program, Thesis is broken into two semesters: Fall - Research and Spring - Design Research. Our syllabus states
"Thesis II: ARC 602 continues the process initiated in ARC 601, a year-long self-directed architectural inquiry aimed to generate a personal, visionary and meaninful interpretation of architecture. In ARC 602 the inquiry shifts mode into the design process as a form of research." I won't get into details about my thesis (because I am still writing my 1,000 word paper that is due at 1pm!) but for my Design Research portion, I am working on a site in Downtown Newport News. After interning there, I didn't realize it was so bad. So now I am finishing my map analysis (SWOT, PESTEL, Kevin Lynch, Interviews, etc) before the week is over so I can finish the rest of my proposal. Second semester also means early Midterms (Feb. 15th) and early Finals (late April)...oh well, we can do it 5th year!

Anyway, more posts to come!

115 days till May 11, 2008!

3 comments:

MARKOS said...

Love the little time clock you got there. I think the revironments calss will be a nice outlet and help to your thesis with regards to disasters and all.

Chela said...

Thanks Mark. That's what I was thinking...I think it would help me the most with my tests in design.

uk thesis help said...

As you are aware of the latest progress of internet specially the introduction of web 2.0 websites is an online revolution. I appreciate your work to provide such authentic material.